JSE Labs Response to COVID-19
Updated: April 15, 2020
COVID-19 is certainly creating a challenging market landscape and work environment for all of us. As a hazardous materials testing facility, JSE is considered an essential business because we assist contractors performing emergency construction such as disaster restoration due to broken water pipes, leaking roofs, etc. We assist the contractors and their clients by providing testing that helps limit their exposure to asbestos, lead, and other hazardous material components.
In addition to abating hazardous substances exposure, at JSE, we are adapting our practices to limit virus exposure to our clients and employees by implementing the following precautions:
- Staggering employee shift schedules to limit the number of people in the office at one time, therefore, increasing social distancing in the workspace
- Providing sanitizer to clients and staff
- Wearing disposable gloves and other PPE
- Wiping our surfaces more frequently than ever before with alcohol and bleach cleansers
- Receiving samples throughout the day via the sample drop slot in the door at both our Milwaukie and Tigard locations
- Coming Soon – Sneezeguards in the sample receiving lobby so clients can step inside
In this new world where social distancing could go on for months and perhaps years, we are striving to come up with more and better protective measures so we can maintain full services for our clients, keep all our staff employed, and keep everyone healthy and safe. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.